How can I prepare my child for state tests?
In general, parents should …
• Remind students that these tests are important and should be taken seriously
• Encourage students to answer all test questions
• Encourage students to participate in practice sessions at school and home
• Have students get a good night’s sleep and a nutritious breakfast before taking a test
• Provide students with a study area
• Encourage students to practice good study habits. Students should set aside time every day for homework