English as a Second Language (ESL)
English as a Second Language (ESL) is an instructional program for students whose dominant language is not English. The purpose of the program is to increase the English language proficiency of eligible students so they can attain academic standards and achieve success in the classroom.Features of the ESL Program:
- ESL instruction is offered in grades K-12
- ESL students also attend math, science, social studies and other general education classes
- The ESL program provides total English immersion for students
- ESL students are given the support needed to effectively adjust to American culture
- ESL classes are an individualized, student-centered learning environment
For more information, contact Susan Cassidy, (218)237-6207, or your school office.