Business Partnerships - 4C
Welcome to the 4C Program Home Page!
The Park Rapids School District realizes that strong partnerships between the school and local businesses are imperative for the success of its students, as well as for the betterment of the Park Rapids community as a whole. As a school district, we take pride in being a part of the community! Each year, hundreds of people volunteer in Park Rapids Area Schools. Many of our students job-shadow, volunteer, and learn from the experts in our area. We want to increase the partnerships we are building with businesses in our community - and our goal is to create partnerships that are mutually beneficial.
We Hope You'll Join Us In This Effort!
To coordinate this effort, the 4C (Community Career Collaboration Coordinator) position was created in concert with local businesses. If you are a business owner, career professional, community leader, volunteer, parent or student who would like to learn more about this program and connect with others, please feel free to contact Krystal Murphy.
Students can check all of this information out on the 4C's Google Classroom: The Community & Career Center.
There you will find job postings & platforms, career connections, community connections, job shadow information, field trip schedule, apply to be a mentor or to receive a mentor, career exploration links, interest surveys, assessments, Panther Tracks registration, and so much more!
4C-Community Career Collaboration Coordinator
Park Rapids Area Schools, High School Office
401 Huntsinger Ave., Park Rapids, MN 56470
Office Phone: 218-237-6442
Job Shadow Program
Ongoing Event through Local Community Businesses & Organizations
Gain some real-world experience by participating in one or more job shadows!
Visit the 4C to schedule your Job Shadow today! Receive a FREE T-Shirt!
- Open to 10th through 12th grade students
- Students visit a business on their own to observe a day in the life within an industry
- Job shadows range from a half day to a full day
- Students will be able to ask questions and have conversations with the employer
- Some industries may have dress code requirements
- Students provide their own transportation to these appointments
Some Students Have Received Internships, Apprenticeships & Employment Opportunities From Job Shadowing!
Field Trip Program
Events through Local Businesses, Colleges & Organizations
Want to explore careers & learn about your local community?
If yes, check out the below field trips & sign up with the 4C! Receive a FREE T-Shirt!
Field Trips are currently offered to 9th through 12th grade students.
Students - View Field Trip Schedule on the 4C Google Classroom
If you would like to attend a field trip listed below, please let me know at least 2 weeks in advance for transportation needs.
If you are a business or organization that would like to provide a field trip for our students, please let us know!
Panthers First: Career Exploration
Community Mentoring Program
We Want Your Expertise In Your Career Field! Become A Career Mentor Today!
Whether You Are Working Or Retired, We Would Love To Learn More About The Careers You Are Passionate About And Share Your Knowledge With Our Students!
Career Mentors will be working with the 4C, our Junior & Senior Capstone Courses as well as our Career Exploration Courses. Receive a FREE T-Shirt!
Students - To receive a mentor, please complete the application on the 4C Google Classroom
Career Clusters To Be Represented:
- Agriculture, Animal Science, Natural Resources
- Architecture & Construction
- Arts, Audio/Video Technology & Communications
- Business, Management & Administration
- Culinary, Food
- Education, Childcare & Training
- Electrical & Lineman
- Finance & Accounting
- Government & Public Administration
- Health Science, Nursing, Dental, Optical
- Hospitality & Tourism
- Human Services
- Information Technology (I.T.)
- Law, Public Safety, Corrections & Security
- Manufacturing, Production, Machinery, Technicians
- Maintenance, Building Management, Grounds
- Marketing, Sales & Service
- Mechanics, Automotive, Aviation, Machinery
- Ministry & Theology
- Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics (STEM)
- Trades, Plumbing, Heating, A/C, Cabinets, Sheetrock
- Transportation, Distribution & Logistics (CDL)
- And so much more!
Mentors Are Needed!
Click on the Flyer Below to Learn More!
Please Turn in the Below Application & Complete a Background Check Through the School Before Beginning.
Panthers First: Students Helping Students
Peer Mentoring Program
Juniors & Seniors Mentoring New High School Students, Freshmen & Incoming Freshmen
- Mentors will assist with class registration
- Start the discussion of career exploration
- Give a tour of the High School & join in on their first Pep Fest
- Talk about activities to be involved in
- Building relationships between the two buildings
- Welcome to the High School session in first week
- Show where each other's lockers are located
- Discuss how the transition has been between M.S. & H.S.
- Building on relationships from previous year
- Mentors Receive a FREE T-Shirt!
Students - to apply to be a peer mentor or to receive a mentor, please complete the application on the 4C Google Classroom.
- Park Rapids Chamber of Commerce
- Park Rapids Downtown Business Association
- Volunteer Heartland Lakes Calendar
- Volunteer Heartland Lakes Ongoing Needs
- Park Rapids Public Library
- Park Rapids Enterprise
- Park Rapids Community Education
- Park Rapids Area Schools Activities Calendar
- Rotary Club of Park Rapids
Career Exploration, Planning & Assessment Links
U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Minnesota Career Information System:
Minnesota State CAREERwise Education:
Step 1 - Assessing Yourself:
- Take an Assessment
- CAREERwise Interest Assessment
- Career Cluster Survey
- MnCareers Interest Assessment (Pen & Paper)
Step 2 - Exploring Careers:
- Search Career
- Career Profiles
- Career Clusters
- Career Videos
- Career Pathways
- Growing Careers
- Licensed Careers
- Search Industries
Step 3 - Creating A Plan & Setting Goals:
Step 4 - Expanding Skills:
- Education Options
- Search Colleges
- Search Programs
- Search Courses
- Search Majors
- Pay for College
- Prepare for College
- Apply to College
Step 5 - Finding A Job:
- Find Salary Information
- Occupations in Demand
- Job Vacancy Survey
- Regional Careers in Demand
- Job Search Tips
- Job Interviews
- Resume and Cover Letters
Managing Your Career:
Park Rapids & Panther Pride!