Children and adults are experiencing mental health challenges, and we are here to help. If your child is experiencing social, emotional, or behavior issues, here are some resources that can help.
Mental Health Support
The covid 19 pandemic, along with distance learning and work challenges, is stressful for people. Fear and anxiety about a new disease and what could happen can be overwhelming and cause strong emotions in adults and children. Social distancing can make people feel isolated and lonely and can increase stress and anxiety.Ways to support your child
- Tips for Talking with your Child about Covid Helping Children Cope: CDC Website
- Miss Casey's Calming Corner (Grades K-4)
- Park Rapids Schools Covid Support/Distance Learning Webpages
- Covid Recursos en Espanol
- Signs your Covid Anxiety has become serious (and what to do about it)
- Coping with Covid Stress (CDC Website)
- Supporting Yourself & Your Loved Ones during Covid-19 Times
Park Rapids Schools Mental Health Support
Get immediate help in a crisis
- Disaster Distress Helplineexternal icon: 1-800-985-5990 (press 2 for Spanish), or text TalkWithUs for English or Hablanos for Spanish to 66746.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifelineexternal icon: 1-800-273-TALK (8255) for English, 1-888-628-9454 for Spanish, or Lifeline Crisis Chatexternal icon.
- National Domestic Violence Hotlineexternal icon: 1-800-799-7233 or text LOVEIS to 22522
- National Child Abuse Hotlineexternal icon: 1-800-4AChild (1-800-422-4453) or text 1-800-422-4453
- National Sexual Assault Hotlineexternal icon: 1-800-656-HOPE (4673)
- National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI)
- Coping with Farm and Rural Stress
Who to contact?
1. Your child's classroom teacher (contact info under TEACHER tab in each building) Your child's teacher should be able to provide suggestions for additional resources and services that can help your child academically.
2. Coordinators of Educational Services (CES) from each buildingCentury Elementary
Coordinator of Educational Services218-237-6205Century Middle School
Coordinator of Educational Services218-237-6360PARK RAPIDS AREA HIGH SCHOOLCoordinator of Educational Services
These are the types of behaviors that frustrate us as parents and educators. How do we deal with the child who is uncooperative, sullen, or difficult to be around - especially in this time of covid 19, when it seems we are spending so much more time together. These resources may help you in parenting your child at home - whether students are in school or distance learning.
Get your dance on! Check out the Brain Breaks at GoNoodle!
Try these Fitness Warm-up exercises at The Kids Coach on YouTube
Get outside! Check out this list of 50 fun things to try outdoors!