Lake George School Forest
The Lake George School Forest property is located 1.5 miles south of Lake George MN. The topography of the area is featured by gently rolling irrigated croplands to the west and dense forest and prairie land the north and east. This area is also permeated in many places by wetlands which have been drained for other uses.
THE GOALS FOR MANAGING THE PROPERTY ARE:
- Manage the timber on the property for its long-term health and future wood products.
- Manage the vegetation on the property to sustain or enhance water quality for watersheds influenced by the property.
- To provide habitat for a variety of wildlife.
- Provide some income from the property to defer costs of management practices.
- Also to provide an area for learning experiences in Natural Resource oriented classes.